For grinding operations, surface grinding is the most common. The machine is used to produce a smooth accurate finish on either metallic or nonmetallic materials to give them a more refined look by removing the oxide layer and impurities on workpiece surfaces.
The Surface Grinder uses a round, rotating abrasive grinding wheel that remains stationary, but rotating, while the feed table, with work attached, is run in a reciprocating motion (left and right) under the grinding wheel. The specific amount of material to remove is determined by lightly touching off on the work with the grinding wheel rotating and feeding the grinding head down a certain distance. The result is a desired, smooth surface for a functional purpose.
Kent USA grinders are well-proven and trusted globally, with long-lasting, dependable precision and performance coupled with best-in-class customer support since 1979. With nearly 40 years of industry experience and over 18,000 sets sold worldwide, Kent USA surface grinders are the proven solution to your grinding needs.
Kent USA Automatic Surface Grinders provide enhanced productivity with intuitive, easy-to-use operator controls. Available with working table capacities from 8″ x 12″, 2-axes automatics to large 34″ x 128″ with 3-axis column traveling models and NC controls, we offer a full range of surface grinders to meet your needs:
- Saddle-type models include: 8” x 18”, 10” x 20”, 12” x 30” and 16” x 40”
- Column traveling models include: 20” x 40”, 24” x 48”, 24” x 60”, 24” x 80”, 24” x 120”, 34” x 68”, 34” x 88” and 34” x 128”
- Double-column models starting at: 47” x 60”, 47” x 80”, 47” x 120” and more.
[sh_header size=”h2″ type=”underline” header=”Product Features” colorchange=”disable”][/sh_header]
- 10”x20” working capacity; flange mount spindle cartridge for superior side grinding rigidity
- 3-axis automatic movement with incremental downfeed and electronic auto-crossfeed
- Roller ball on linear table ways for smooth longitudinal movements with minimal maintenance
- Double V precision hand scraped turcite saddle ways for smooth and long lasting performance
- High column extra rigid H-frame design with 21” spindle center to table for extra clearance under the wheel; Oversized rear splash guard
- Over 3,690 lb net weight for super vibration damping capability
- Centralized automatic lubrication system
- Safety 24V control 8 circuit power
[sh_header size=”h2″ type=”underline” header=”Spindle” colorchange=”disable”][/sh_header]
Specially designed, dynamically balanced cartridge type spindle is totally enclosed and grease-lubricated for the life of the spindle. Two pairs of ABEC-7 super-precision angular contact bearings are matched and preloaded to enhance maximum grinding accuracy and reliability.
[sh_header size=”h2″ type=”underline” header=”Control System” colorchange=”disable”][/sh_header]
Simple and logical layout of electrical and electronic components with color and number Zx`3-coded electrical wiring provides reliable operation and easy troubleshooting or service. Control circuit operates on 24v AC for the safety of the operator.
[sh_header size=”h2″ type=”underline” header=”Auto Downheed” colorchange=”disable”][/sh_header]
- Elevation motor for quick and easy grinding wheel rapid positioning.
- Surface grinding and Slot/Plunge grinding modes selectable.
- Easy to use direct reading slip ring sets the total amount of material to grind, with no need to calculate the number of passes required.
- A separate dial sets the down feed amount per pass between 0 and 0.001″ in 0.0001″ increments, which can be changed on the fly to accommodate grinding conditions without affecting the total grinding amount set in the previous step.
- Machine will spark out continuously at the end of the auto grinding cycle.
- This easy and intuitive system provides both control and flexibility to the operator, enabling the work to be done precisely and efficiently.
Quality, Durability, Competitive Pricing and second to none Customer Service is what sets Kent USA’s Automatic Surface Grinders apart from the competition. Contact us at: www.kentusa.com.